Self-Funded Account Executive
Posted November 28, 2017 | Full-time Position
The Account Executive (AE) position is located in eastern St. Johns County, near St. Augustine Beach. The associate will be responsible for self-funded clients with hundreds to thousands employees. The position reports to the Director of Group Benefits and is responsible for clients’ on-going satisfaction with The Bailey Group’s benefits consultant and advisement services. The AE will perform daily benefits tasks and analytical functions related to the processing and administration for the client’s health & welfare benefits. The ideal candidate will provide customer service, act as a carrier liaison, create and maintain financial reporting on all employee benefit costs, and must have the ability to report to all levels of management.
- Create Proposals, Marketing, and Benefits Communication
- Generate account proposals and RFPs. Secure underwriting offers, respond to detailed vendor questionnaires, and communicate with carriers and enrollment firms to fulfill all aspects of the benefits marketing, Request for Proposals and analysis.
- Negotiate contracts
- Provide open enrollment support, including vendor implementation and employee presentations, implementation, and customer service.
- Process and Fulfill Applications and Enrollments
- Service including Carrier Invoice and Payroll Premium Reconciliation
- Assist with Subscriber Benefits Questions
- Provide ongoing onsite problem resolution assistance in all areas of benefits administration, including vendor management.
- Maintain and monitor ongoing project list. Prioritize and complete action items.
- Analyze and report all data related to a self-funded medical and dental plan as well as fully-insured ancillary plans.
- Analyze company benefits policies, laws concerning mandatory insurance coverage, data concerning prevailing practices among similar organizations, and legal requirements to establish competitive benefits programs.
- Create and update benefits cost-analysis and strategic planning
- Modify aspects of existing program according to findings, utilizing knowledge of prevailing practices, emerging types of benefits packages, and customary benefits provided to all associates.
- Collaborate with other HR Departments and Operations to achieve successful implementation of benefits strategies and identification and implementation of benefit process improvements initiative. Guide and coordinate communication and education strategies for the employees’ benefits awareness campaign.
- Assist and or manage Special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three to five years of benefits experience with emphasis in benefits administration, specifically with health and welfare plans
- Extensive experience with spreadsheet data analysis is required. Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel skills (strong formula and spreadsheet-linking skills)
- Proficiency with using MS Outlook, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher
- Overall working knowledge of benefit plan policies and procedures. Experience with multi-state benefit plans is helpful.
- Working knowledge of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA regulations.
- Excellent communication skills (active listening, organized responsiveness, and polished written and oral summarization)
- Two years as a Licensed Health and Life Agent (if not licensed, the selected associate will be provided the opportunity and requirement to obtain license)
- Bachelors degree
- Knowledge of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA regulations.
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification
Including but not limited to accessing files via bending, reaching, pushing, pulling; walking stairs; use of keyboard and other push button devices requiring fine motor repetitive motion skills; communicating with clients, staff and vendors via phone, computer, and face to face contact.
sitting 80%, ambulating 20%
General Work Environment
Ability to work in an small-office setting with occasional travel via personal, employee-owned vehicle.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume;
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation;
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, The Bailey Group hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. The Bailey Group will require proof of work authorization; and
- Must be willing to execute The Bailey Group's Associate Agreement, and Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure; adherence to drug-free workplace and tobacco-free workplace.
The Bailey Group believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, The Bailey Group will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About The Bailey Group
The Bailey Group is the largest pure employee benefits firm in North Florida with over 50 full-time representatives, each dedicated to being an extension of their clients’ HR departments. In addition to their employee benefits offerings, The Bailey Group has a dedicated Health Promotion team focused on helping clients build successful and sustainable wellness programs that generate results. They also provide insurance and financial strategies to individuals and families across the State of Florida.
Recently The Bailey Group was named one of the Healthiest Companies in Northeast Florida by the First Coast Worksite Wellness Council. In addition, they have been named the Best Life & Health Agent in St. Augustine by the St. Augustine Record 10 years in a row. They consistently rank as one of the top 50 Florida Blue agencies in the State.