Position Description: Intern, Corporate Benefits
Basic Function: This is a temporary position with a duration of 12 weeks with variable hours (between 20 and 40). Our paid internship program offers students and recent graduates the opportunity to learn more about group benefits as well as The Bailey Group, an NFP Company, and our commitment to each other and our community.
Essential Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Learn about The Bailey Group’s departments, including Group Benefits, Financial Strategies, Individual Health, and Well-being and Engagement.
- Support the group service team with tasks such as:
- Group eligibility
- Claims resolution
- Plan implementation
- Employee communications
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal communication skills
- Advanced MS Office skills, to include excel, word, power point
- Strong client development and relationship building skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong aptitude for organization and prioritization
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility in duties and responsibilities
Desired Qualifications: Recent college graduate or in last year of studies
Working Conditions: Will work in a climate-controlled office environment (currently partially remote due to COVID restrictions).
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, hear, drive and use hands. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, for fine motor skills such as typing, and to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to sit or stand at, and use a computer for long periods of time. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk, and is occasionally required to travel to client locations using personally-owned/leased vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
Note: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.