Insurance Consultant, Self-funded Benefits
Posted February 22, 2018 | Full-time Position
The Insurance Consultant will be responsible for supporting a Self-funded Account Executive in planning, implementing, and managing the client group benefits including products such as medical, life, disability, voluntary, etc. The position reports to a Self-funded Account Executive and is responsible for our clients’ on-going satisfaction with The Bailey Group’s benefits consultative role.
- Assisting with benefits claims tracking, cost-analysis, and strategic planning;
- Benefits marketing, request for proposals, and analysis;
- Communication and education strategies for the employees’ benefits awareness campaign; and
- Benefits enrollment and implementation and customer service.
- Intermediate to advanced level MS Excel (strong formula) skills;
- Capability within MS PowerPoint and MS Publisher;
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel, specifically formula-building: 1 year; and
- 215 Insurance License (obtaining licensure is required; those candidates already licensed are preferred).
- Bachelors degree;
- Two years of experience in benefits administration or servicing group insurance;
- Licensed Health and Life Agent;
- Knowledge of COBRA, HIPAA, and ERISA regulations;
- Intermediate to advanced word processing and database reporting skills; and
- Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) certification.
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume;
- Must be 18 years of age or older;
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation;
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the U.S. For U.S. employment opportunities, The Bailey Group hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H, or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. The Bailey Group will require proof of work authorization; and
- Must be willing to execute The Bailey Group's Associate Agreement, and Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure; adherence to drug-free workplace and tobacco-free workplace.
The Bailey Group believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, The Bailey Group will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About The Bailey Group
The Bailey Group is the largest pure employee benefits firm in North Florida with over 60 full-time representatives, each dedicated to being an extension of their clients’ HR departments. In addition to their employee benefits offerings, The Bailey Group has a dedicated Health Promotion team focused on helping clients build successful and sustainable wellness programs that generate results. They also provide health insurance and financial strategies to individuals and families across the State of Florida.
Recently The Bailey Group was named one of the Healthiest Companies in Northeast Florida by the First Coast Worksite Wellness Council. In addition, they have been named the Best Life & Health Agent in St. Augustine by the St. Augustine Record 11 years in a row. They consistently rank as one of the top 50 Florida Blue agencies in the State.